Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Terror Suspect Claims Torture by Americans, Not Enough Entertainment at Guantanamo Bay

So another terror suspect is claiming that he was tortured (surprise surprise) in G.B but according to this guy, Majid Khan, my parents should be accused of torturing me when I was in trouble… Part of what he calls torture is the fact that he was not allowed to watch DVD’s. Are you kidding me! Since when is not being able to watch movies considered torture. When I was in high school I was forced to read books I thought were full of “crap,” so should those teachers be charged for torturing minors?! What a tool. Read this ridiculous report…..

Source

WASHINGTON — An accused enemy combatant held at Guantanamo Bay told a military hearing he was physically as well as mentally tortured there by having to read a newsletter full of 'crap,' being forced to use unscented deodorant and shampoo and having to play sports with a ball that would not bounce.

Majid Khan of Pakistan denied any connection to Al Qaeda and said he was tortured and his family hounded by U.S. authorities, according to a redacted transcript released Tuesday by the Pentagon.

Khan told an April 15 hearing called to determine whether he was rightly classified as an “enemy combatant” that he also had his baby pictures taken from him, that cleaners left marks on his cell walls and that detainees have no DVD players or other entertainment.

At one point, Kan said he wrote on his walls, "stop torturing me, I need my mails, newspaper and my lawyer."

Khan was captured in Pakistan in 2003. The military says he has provided support to Al Qaeda and has expressed a desire to assassinate Pakistan's President Pervez Musharaff. The April 15 hearing is the first step in possible war crimes charges against him.

In a lengthy written statement, Khan said the CIA and the Defense Department tortured him after his capture in Pakistan as well as when he was transferred to the Guantanamo Bay detention facility.

"I swear to God this place in some sense worst than CIA jails. I am being mentally torture here," said Khan in a statement read by his personal representative about his time in Guantanamo. "There is extensive torture even for the smallest of infractions."

Khan, who grew up in Maryland and is the only U.S. resident among 15 detainees the government considers most dangerous, also described suicide attempts where he "chewed my artery which goes through my elbow."
The CIA and Pentagon have said their interrogations practices are legal and that they do not use torture.

Khan's father, however, provided the most graphic descriptions of his son's treatment at the hands of U.S. authorities, in a written statement that also was included in the hearing record.

Ali Shoukat Khan said his son was kidnapped in Pakistan and that there, Americans tortured his son "for eight hours at a time, tying him tightly in stressful positions in a small chair until his hands, feet and mind went numb. ... He was often hooded and had difficulty breathing. They also beat him repeatedly, slapping him in the face, and deprived him of sleep."

The elder Khan, a retired gas station owner, said his son is not a terrorist and demanded that the government present its evidence, "charge him with a crime and give him a fair trial in a real court." He also said he and his family were pressured by the FBI to speculate about his son's activities.

The FBI, he said, "followed us everywhere we went for a long time, requiring us to tell them in advance where we were going and what we were going to do there."
FOX News' Jennifer Griffin and Nick Simeone and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Can you say Ridiculous! For one, of course he claims he’s not a terrorist, why would be say “ well yes I planned on killing as many American’s as I could and then kill myself too.” No, he’s going to claim he’s just a victim so he can be released. Now of course I don’t know this guy, I don’t know if he’s really a terrorist or not, but his claims of torchure are just ridiculous. And if he is a terrorist I really don’t care if he feels he’s being treated unfairly.

No comments:

Post a Comment